The Earth Laughs in Flowers
“The Earth Laughs in Flowers”
On the topic of design, it never ceases to amaze me when I see a floral designer in action. My mother can take a bunch of your run of the mill, midwestern perennial blooms and create a beautiful arrangement. This is a lost art. So when I see my friends Michael and Denise working their magic for a wedding, house walk or party, I notice the magical outcome of excellent design principle paired with the earth’s bounty. Here is Michael’s top ten reasons to stop and smell the roses…
10. A bouquet of fresh flowers is a quick pick-me-up.
9. Flowers encourage creativity.
8. Flowers improve the quality of life.
7. Flowers possess many qualities our souls long for.
6. Flowers help ease the transition between seasons.
5. Flowers set the stage and create the mood.
4. Fresh flowers bring life into the home.
3. Flowers smell good, they are a gift to the senses.
2. Flowers make people happy – happy is good.
The number 1 reason to buy fresh flowers is – just because!